Old 25-09-2006, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Reprise of Devon meet idea

On 25/9/06 14:57, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
June was quite right, I was indeed sipping a glass of Madeira m'dear when
some of the replies to my original post about this came into urg. From the
little catching up I've had time to do today, I think the general thinking
is now to move the possible meet to Judith's? In case it isn't, and we
decide to have two, then yes, Janet, I think three hours from you to us
should just about do it. We allow 3 to 3.5 hours to get to London from here
by car and Jim (I think it was Jim) Bovey Tracey is mere minutes from here -
20 perhaps and Exeter airport (just to give you a bearing) is about half an
hour. We just drove home from there this morning!
Can someone kindly bring me up to speed on the Norwich meet idea?

Welcome back Sacha, I have missed you. Now then, you are not getting
out of the Devon meet, I proposed a second one - and you are, as you
know, very welcome to stay in the house - plenty of rooms.

How really kind - I'm sure we'd love to do that. Ray is longing to thank
you for the wedding present....... ;-)

I am thinking next June or early July and all those attending will be
invited to dinner - no Sacha, I have not learnt to cook yet, I am
offering Edward as the Chef for the night, I am quite adept as the wine
hostess.

Depending a bit on other family events coming up, we'd probably try to do a
meet in mid July OR, if it clashes with yours, I could try to move it into
May, as long as it doesn't hit a Bank Holiday w/e. It's really a question
of what is convenient to others in terms of trekking to the far SW!
We weren't able to do our Grand Tour of UK this year as we'd hoped, so would
quite like to plan it for mid July to mid August of next year. Unhappily,
we really can't get away to see gardens at their very best time because it's
such a busy time here.
Perhaps urglers would like to add their ideas of the best times to get away
to a meet and perhaps to make it part of a long w/e?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk