Old 27-09-2006, 04:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
HealingMindN HealingMindN is offline

Default growth stunted plants

I believe I can do that with the crepe myrtles because they were in one
gallon pots. The japanese elm and the saphire dragon were in 5 gallon
pots. How would I dig up the bigger ones w/o shocking the roots?
Thanks in Advance!

simy1 wrote:

they are probably rootbound. That means the roots are going round and
round from years in the pots and prevent proper growth. Cu dig them
up and give them a good root pruning so that they have a chance to
spread properly in the future. do it in the fall before they go dormant.