Old 27-09-2006, 04:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
HealingMindN HealingMindN is offline

Default growth stunted plants

I believe I started fussing over them too much when I noticed they
weren't growing. I've always been meaning to get one of those soil pH
kits. Outside of making my own compost, I'm just rough and tumble with
my plants.

The hardware stores have a long metal tool wherein you attach your
garden hose and it sucks air a la venturi, so you can insert the end
into the ground to aerate the roots.

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Sounds to me like you're fussing over them too much. Did you check the
soil's pH before fiddling with it? And, "aerating the roots" - HOW DID YOU
DO THAT?