Old 27-09-2006, 01:10 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Do you waste food?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:26:06 -0700, James wrote:

I have 20 tomatoe plants. I've noticed that I just toss a lot of
tomatoes that can really be used for soup or stew. Guess if I only had
one plant I would salvage blems by cutting out the bad parts. However
I'm just letting produce rot if it has a little blem or if it's a
little pass prime. Well it's not total waste since it just get
recycled in the soil. It's not like stuff being tossed by businesses
that end up in a landfill.

I'm letting mine rot. I have 36 plants which is an insane number, next
year I'll plant a lot fewer. My freezer is completely full of spaghetti
sauce, at least two years worth. I've given tomatoes away to friends and
coworkers. Now there is nothing left to do but let them rot.