Old 27-09-2006, 02:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Can i cut the new grass

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:13:23 GMT, "Travis M."
wrote:

What makes you think newly planted grass blades have more
moisture in them than established grass blades?

I don't think it, I know it. Newly germinated turf is very tender,
particularly if it is a fescue or rye grass. The first mow is very
important for the establishment of the lawn. If you mow it too short
or long it can rot away in those sections. Do your own experiment if
you want. Plant some seed and tell me if the new grass is as firm and
dry as the established turf.