Old 27-09-2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default my garden

"jess" wrote in message
ps.com...
My dad wants to start a garden; however, we do not have a large yard.
i was wondering if anyone knew specific types of flowers or plants that
grow well in small areas. Also, what plants/flowers look well
together?
-Thanks Jess

Thousands of flowers can look good in small plantings. Which ones you choose
depends on your climate, and how much time you want to invest in caring for
the garden on a regular basis. Your best bet is a trip to the library to
bring home a bunch of books. Among those books should be one which
identifies plants & shrubs and describes the conditions and care they need.
Take it with you to a garden store (not Home Depot, not Lowe's, not Wal
Mart) so you can read about the plants you see right in front of you before
bringing them home and finding they're not well suited to your needs.

Library
Library
Library