Old 27-09-2006, 06:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kats'n Us Kats'n Us is offline

Default my garden

jess wrote:
My dad wants to start a garden; however, we do not have a large yard.
i was wondering if anyone knew specific types of flowers or plants that
grow well in small areas. Also, what plants/flowers look well
together?
-Thanks Jess

There are too many possibilities!! You should go to a "Real" garden
center or nursery not a home depot or Lowe's and ask an expert there.
You would just need to tell them what exposure or how much sun or shade
you have, how big of an area are you talking, what type of soil. Is it
sandy, clay. Also if there is sprinklers or you want more of a drought
resistant design. They can show you some plants to get you started. Try
not to get overwhelmed. Start with a few, get comfortable and go from
there!

Sue