Old 27-09-2006, 08:35 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default snail repellent

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
How do you make the nest?

The bird builds it's own nest inside.
Just carve the hole small enough so the Currawong cannot get inside

and
the bird still can. Make sure the nesting space is at lest 6 cm.

deep
and drill 3 drain holes in the bottom for when it rains. They will

build
on top of the drains but it does not plug them.

I don't have any pics on hand right now, sorry.
I cut a hole for the birds, drain holes in the bottom and stick a
screwed in eye bolt in the top for hanging, and hang them up between

5
and 6 ft. up. Mine seem to go for the lower ones.

Thanks for the instructions Om.

the "pop up"
greenhouses

Now that too sounds interesting. What is it and how do you make

them.

I got them from he
http://tinyurl.com/kfmd9

Do a google search using "dreamhouse greenhouse" and see if you can

find
one locally.

Looks great. Unfortunately not available locally. :-((
I've got a gun licence and guns so that isn't a problem. I

suspect
that shooting Currawongs isn't allowed and a lead slug just makes

then
squark but............

Follow the 3S rule...... ;-)

Yes :-)) I was telling a friend that rule today in relation to a cat
problem she has.