Old 27-09-2006, 11:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Tish[_1_] Tish[_1_] is offline

Default What capacity water tanks do I need?

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:09:42 +1000, Tom wrote:

Hi all,

I live in metro victoria, and I'm installing a water tank or two in my
back yard. I have lawn that I never water, and a moderately large
vegie garden. Any idea about what capacity I'd need to look at?

My current plan is for 2 tanks totalling around 9,000L. Is this
enough? Way too much? I'm new to all this

Future plans include hooking the rain tanks up to the toilet cisterns,
perhaps even the washing machine.

Thanks!

Tom.

A quick google turned up this commercial page which may help you to
decide. The other constriction, of course, is how much of your yard
you want to give over to water tanks.

http://www.polyworld.com.au/calculations.htm