Old 27-09-2006, 08:17 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default What capacity water tanks do I need?

g'day tom,

we usually recommend nothing under 14,500 litre capacity, it will
generally cost you more to buyt 2 smaller tanks than one larger tank,
don't know about down your way but ring the rural tank makers you will
find out most if not all will dleiver and site in your area.

if you have some idea of rainfall where you are and you know the area
of roof that the water is going to be captured from a quick way to
calculate is '1mm of rain on 1 sq/mtr of roof = 1 litre of water'

most gardeners can sue between 1,000 & 1,500 litres of water a week or
fortnight, that is calculated on average town pressure and 1 hours
watering.

we just had a 24,500 litre tank delivered all connected to pump and
downpipes (diy) $3100, from one of our rural tank suppliers.

so go bigger than smaller if you want to use for drinking, and laundry
etc.,. not hard for you to work out your water consumption, you will
find most homes use around 1,000 litres of water a week at least. and
on naverage they will empty a 5,000 litre tank in a month at least.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:09:42 +1000, Tom wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--