Old 27-09-2006, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Composting Grass Cuttings ??

, I, Marvo, say :

[snip]

rubbish, to some, a good source of organic compost for others. Yes, I
agree with you that it is too much without the balance. You are thr
carbon, I am the nitrogen. Leaves or paper or saw dust shouldn't be
too hard to scrounge in most places. Neighbours have trees in
abundance round here and I can get acres of paper from work. I enjoy
a good tongue in cheek argument.

Any leaves, paper or sawdust I can scrounge go on the fire. We used to do
paper but, as I am the IT manager [giggles] the office is now paperless so
far as I can make it so. I gave up newspapers when I discovered that the Su
Doku is reproduced the day after on The Times website, so I have a total of
one A4 sheet per day. And that doubles as a shopping list, notepad, and
fuel.

You can't beat a good argument though. What does the panel think about
leaving cuttings (short) on the lawn? It's usually very much one way or the
other.