Old 27-09-2006, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert Gardening_Convert is offline

Default Camellia growing tips ??

Gardening_Convert wrote:
Sacha wrote:

On 30/8/06 12:31, in article
, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 29/8/06 14:21, in article
, "Gardening_Convert"
wrote:

I have a camillia which I bought at the start of the year which was
just a single stem several inches tall.

It was potted up in erricatious soil and had now just grown into a much
taller and floppy single stem.

Should I prune this to make it bush out and if so when and how should I
prune ?

Some of them do have a lax habit. If you tell us which yours is, someone
may be able to advise you better.
--

Well we've lost the little marker with the info on but I'm pretty sure
it was a x williamsii of some sort

I think C. williamsii tend to be of an upright habit, so perhaps yours is a
bit floppy because it's new growth? Ray says that pinching out a bit of the
top shouldn't hurt but "don't overdo it"! If it's in a pot don't keep it
too wet, will you!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I've found the marker it's :- Camellia x williamsii'Mary Phoebe Taylor

Does that help give some more specific advise ?

Everyone seems to have answered the piggy backed question but not mine
, anyone ??