Old 27-09-2006, 10:31 PM posted to alt.nature.mushrooms,rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking,sci.misc
-L. -L. is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Hen of the Woods

Jack Schmidling wrote:

With only photos you will only be able to identify a few obvious ones
but its a place to start. Get a field guide to mushrooms with lots of
pictures and start comparing them. If you think you have a match,
Google the name and get more info.

You will find that the next time you find a mushroom, you will need lots
more details to help identify it.

There are lots of mushroom books out there but I think the best place to
start in the Audubon one.

Thanks for the info. My undergrad degree is in environmental biology
so I am used to field identification of different species. I'm just a
tad afraid to eat anything without an expert around to confirm my IDs,
LOL...

-L.