Old 28-09-2006, 12:46 AM posted to alt.nature.mushrooms,rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking,sci.misc
Jack Schmidling[_1_] Jack Schmidling[_1_] is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Hen of the Woods

Steve Peek wrote:
Everyone needs to be aware that this one, although delicious, can cause
severe gastric upset in a small percentage of the population.

That's interesting because I have confirmed a very mild stomach cramping
several hours after eating lots of them.

I also quit eating Giant Puffballs because it was much worse than mild.
I got pretty miserable.

js