Old 28-09-2006, 03:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default What capacity water tanks do I need?

yes david,

these modern macmansions got almost 2 downpipes per side plus 2 for
the garage so very very ahrd to get good catchment going for you, we
have managed to without huge expense reposition the flow of the
guttering block off one downpipe, put a dam into one section of
guttering to force the water to go our way, and get 2 downpipes into
the tank.

but it isn't realy enough but nought we can do new homes are not built
for conserving anything, and for some there is barely room to walk
around the house outside, so owners forced to buy very small and very
inadequate tanks.

we got 22mm of rain alst night and with an eco designed home we would
have had in excess of twice the amount of water we eventually got
saved.

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:54:58 GMT, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len