Old 28-09-2006, 11:23 AM
GardenCadet GardenCadet is offline
Registered User

Location: Dorset
Default Replacing an old lawn with turf

I am in the process of replacing my tired old front lawn. I plan to use turf rather than seed. The soil is poor underneath, the site sloping and south facing (so gets very hot and dry especialy in summer).

I have dug the ground, raked and firmed it down. I now need to get it nice and level across the slope (cant flaten the slope completely) I need some tips as to how best to get the ground level ready for turfing, please.

I also need a few recomendations as to turf suppliers. i intend to order onlne and get it delivered. I am also on a budget, but require a good drought resistant turf. Any ideas I have done a search and know some names but any recomendations from you would be helpfull. Thanks.
Gardening Forever!!