Old 28-09-2006, 05:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] jimmy_sayavong@yahoo.com is offline

Default Moving tropical plants indoor preparation as winter time on the way.

I have several tropical plants and trees (including two banana's) which
I would like to preserve their current beaty as much as possible as the
winter approaching. I live in Dallas, TX area (Zone 8), I plan to move
the plants into my gargage before the winter arrives. This is my first
year for doing this short of things, and therefore I need lots of
advise from the experts on this forum.

Here are my questions:

1. What are pre-moving requirements?
2. When is the right time to do the actual move?
3. Do I need any sorts of lighting to similar sun light for the garage?
if yes, can I simply use the existing garage lights?
4. If I bring them to inside the home (instead of garage), do they
require different treatment?
5. Do I expect to see lots of leaves falling during the winter?
6. What is the minimum temperature for a typical tropical plant to
reasonably maintain their "growing" season appearance?
7. Any other suggestions/advise are welcomed !!!

Thanks in advance

JIMMY