Old 28-09-2006, 03:51 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] bungalow_steve@yahoo.com is offline

Default Do you waste food?

James wrote:
I have 20 tomatoe plants. I've noticed that I just toss a lot of
tomatoes that can really be used for soup or stew. Guess if I only had
one plant I would salvage blems by cutting out the bad parts. However
I'm just letting produce rot if it has a little blem or if it's a
little pass prime. Well it's not total waste since it just get
recycled in the soil. It's not like stuff being tossed by businesses
that end up in a landfill.

I freeze whole tomatoes, and just put them in stews and such in the
winter, making sauces out of home grow tomatoes is an incredible waste
of time and energy, in my experience...