Old 27-09-2006, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Composting Grass Cuttings ??

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

[snip]

rubbish, to some, a good source of organic compost for others. Yes, I
agree with you that it is too much without the balance. You are thr
carbon, I am the nitrogen. Leaves or paper or saw dust shouldn't be
too hard to scrounge in most places. Neighbours have trees in
abundance round here and I can get acres of paper from work. I enjoy
a good tongue in cheek argument.

Any leaves, paper or sawdust I can scrounge go on the fire. We used to do
paper but, as I am the IT manager [giggles] the office is now paperless so
far as I can make it so. I gave up newspapers when I discovered that the

Su
Doku is reproduced the day after on The Times website, so I have a total

of
one A4 sheet per day. And that doubles as a shopping list, notepad, and
fuel.

You can't beat a good argument though. What does the panel think about
leaving cuttings (short) on the lawn? It's usually very much one way or

the
other.

You must be very cold. Hopefully the guy with the grass isn't as cold and
can get some carbon. I lifted a sack from a local tree miller yesterday, all
free and untreated, he was happy to get rid of it, went in with my grass
today.

Lets argue, as long as you don't call me a red nosed **** like you did to
the clown.

rob