Old 22-03-2003, 12:44 AM
MLF

Default Larger water changes

"Thunderbird84" wrote
When you do the water change, say 400 gallons, do you put 400
gallons into the pond and than mix in the dechlor, or do you do
it a little at a time?

I fill a 5-gallon bucket with water, put it in the pond, put an amount
of dechlor in the bucket appropriate for the amount of water to be added
to the pond, and then add the water in the bucket and let it overflow
into the pond. If desired, you could add it to the bucket a little at a
time.

If you wanted to, I suppose, you could use a (clean and brand new)
sprayer like you use for spraying plants and add the dechlor as you
would any other chemical. But I think this may be unnecessary.

Michael Fermanis
New Orleans, Louisiana USA (Remove the RICE to reply)