Old 28-09-2006, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default OT OT Very OT!

, I, Marvo, say :

My apologies for the OT post but.......Knowing the vast diversity of
knowledge and interests in this group can someone explain to me what
an 'apostile' is in Greek law. My Cretan lawyer doesn't speak or
write much English and my Greek is non-existent, so I can't
understand what it is she wants me to do! I'm selling a property in
Crete and have done as requested in getting my UK lawyer to sign and
witness the Power of Attorney needed in Crete but the apostile seems
to be some additional form of legalisation the Greeks require but
which is - boom boom - all Greek to me!

AFAIK the Apostile is the legalisation of the document, not to do with the
signature but to do with attaching certain documents, usually original
registration documents, usually from a government or its agents.

Presumably they want the original land ownership documents (we have similar
things here in the land registry). Which you have?