Old 22-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] U. parvifolia problem

Jim:
Why not bring them inside out of the weather for a couple days to dry out???

Carl

Jim Lewis wrote:

It has been VERY, VERY wet here. Most of my trees seem to have
adapted OK -- except for many of my Chinese elms.

Two forests, both planted on slabs/stones in fairly heavy soil
(one step up from muck) and a small raft are having new growth
wilt then turn black and crispy.

Sounds like root problems to me, but I've not seen anything like
it before. We seem to be out of Noah's Ark weather (I had my
blueprints drawn), and a few of the trees are showing a LITTLE
new growth.

If anyone's had similar problems, will drier soil "solve" my
problem. Neither forest should be repotted if I could get away
with it.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --