Old 29-09-2006, 02:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
simy1 simy1 is offline

Default Soil for new garden??

Janet Baraclough wrote:

I think you meant "rake", not pitch fork, which would be like trying to eat
soup with a toothpick.

Probably written by someone who's never done it; which would also
explain the recommendation of "minimum one foot deep coverage".

Janet.

Not clear whether you refer to me or Joe, but in my case, I have done
it for my front flower bed (approximately 150 sqft), for my japanese
maples, for my grapes, hardy kiwis and chestnuts, for my bamboo, my
raspberries, and cyclically for my vegetable beds (I have about 1000
sqft of vegetables). I have used about 60 tons of the stuff in the
process, and I have a pretty good understanding of how they work.