Old 28-09-2006, 11:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg Gene Schurg is offline

Default What ever happened to Orchid Blocks

Dusty,

That might be true. I can't tell from the ads. The pictures just show a
round object with notches cut out at 4 points where the roots can decend
into the pot. One of the ads show the bottom of the pot cut away and roots
just hanging in the air below the disk.

They never say what it's made from.

Gene

"Dusty" wrote in message
. 17.102...
If my memory serves me right I think they where blocks of dense osmunda
fiber (roots of the osmunda fern) When osmunda fiber got expensive growers
moved on to other media.