Old 28-09-2006, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default double digging

Sacha wrote:
On 28/9/06 15:07, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

On 28/9/06 14:56, in article ,
"Lionel" lionel
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Snip

Before filling in each trench with the topsoil from the next,,
spread the bottom with as much biodegradable material as you can
lay hands on. Snip This material could be , . . Snip . . . feathers
from old pillows and duvets,

Snip

Can you imagine doing that when the wind's blowing a hoolie!!!?
Beside, who's got feather pillows and duvets these days?

Er......we have - every room!

Are there any other sort?

The polyester filled type which I find very hot and heavyweight, too. And
foam pillows which osteopaths and chiropractors love because they're so bad
for your neck. ;-)

On the other hand, my bird-filled quilt is now leaking sneeze-fodder
from a zillion undetectable orifices, and my aflliteratively
feather-filled-fogarty fillows flump up nicely to look at, but feel
like flumps o'frock a minute after I've laid my innocent head upon
them. Fwhich I must now do, ere I coflapse.

--
Mike.