Old 29-09-2006, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default double digging

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

I hope the cleaners launder it in water, not dry cleaner. Ours actually
say on the label, do not dry clean. The reason is that toxic drycleaning
fluids are retained in bulky filling ( down, feathers or synthetic
filling) and will do you no good at all when you inhale them at night.

Double duvets are too bulky to fit in normal domestic sized washers,
let alone tumblers. You may be able to find a launderette with
supersized extra large washing and drying machines specially for double
duvet sized loads. I send our down one to a place in Glasgow called
Fast Feathers; I think they may do a postal service.

If extra bedding laundry is a problem atm, you may find a duvet
protector useful, as supplied to the hotel trade. I'll look out the
number if you want.

Janet.

These are *Hungarian* goose down, so you take them down to the river, to
that nice flat stone...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin