Old 29-09-2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
scfundogs scfundogs is offline

Default How to deal with such landscaper

"Brad" wrote in message
ups.com...

Understand that but if the contractor knew the stone was faulty he
should have noted that at the start of the project and rectified the
problem. It would seem the job would have been completed before the one
week pause.

The guy tried to work with the stone delivered and thought the wall looked
nice even though the stone was uneven. The homeowners, after hearing the
contractor point out that the stone was at fault but that he thought it was
still nice looking, told him proceed.

I understand that you're saying the man never should have started the wall
if he thought the stone wasn't perfect. However, its not unusual for things
like that to become obvious only after a course or two has already been
laid. That's not to say that definitely happened in this case.

When he was told to proceed with the wall by the homeowners rather than stop
work/tear out/wait on new materials then he was given the green light to
continue working with faulty material. I don't think he's so much at fault
that he was beholden to make himself available at a precise later date when
the homeowners would return. Just my opinion.

--
Tara