Old 29-09-2006, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Best Size Arborvitae to Plant

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

I am looking to plant a new Emerald Arborvitae hedge next spring and am
wondering which would be better to purchase, the 2 or 3 year-old
transplants. I have heard that because they are younger after a couple
of years the 2 year do at least as well as the larger 3 year. Plus,
they cost less. Any thoughts, experience with this?

Thanks much,

Mike

I don't mean to dodge the question, but does it snow where you live? Heavy,
wet snow sometimes?