Old 30-09-2006, 01:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
sp628 sp628 is offline

Default Can I Prune Tropical Huniscus?

"Jethro" wrote in message
I want to garage/save a tropical Hibiscus this winter - should I prune
it first? If so, how extreme?
Thanks

Jethro

Not knowing what zone you are in or what kind of hibiscus you have, all I
can say is that I live in south eastern Virginia, (zone 7) and I don't do
anything to my 3 types of hibiscus except cut them off when it freezes and
mulch them a bit more than other plants and they are several years old.

If you put them in the garage for the winter, I would water them. If you
live a bit more north, maybe zone 6, you might try to leave them outside
with "wall-o-water" It makes a little mini green house. I kept a
bougainvilla (i know that is spelled wrong) alive 2 years outside using the
wall-o-water thing and we do get several some hard freezes every year.