Old 30-09-2006, 06:29 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default the pampas grass of doom

"0tterbot" wrote in message
i was wondering if anyone has a good method to kill a big stand of

pampas
grass? everyone was saying to us "burn it", however, we left that

far too
late in the season & now we'd not only have trouble controlling the

fire,
we'd probably get ourselves arrested even if it was controlled g.

at the moment it's been hacked right down to a lump, but the rotten

thing is
sprouting again. what to do? is it possible for, say, one's husband

to dig
it out? g
(farm1 - this might need more than good old boiling water! ;-)

Yup. :-)) Try glyphosate on the new growth and if that doesn't work
upscale to blackberry/tree killer.