Old 30-09-2006, 06:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default vegetating eroded bank

"Rob & Shel" wrote in message

I've seen yabbies & long necked turtles already, & I will stock the

dam with
native fish which, together with my resident ducks & my future

plantings
should make it a busy & healthy ecosystem, I hope.

If you have any comrorants in the district, drop an old bed
framecomplete with wire into the middle of the dam before you stock it
with fish. The bed frame and wire gives the fish somewhere to get
away from the cormorants. (And belive me they will probably come if
you stock it with fish).