Old 22-03-2003, 02:08 AM
animaux

Default WHY AMERICA IS GOING POSTAL

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:00:41 -0800, "Jessica" wrote:

We must be the only country in the world that has problems like violence and
crime. Illiteracy? And this drivel you wrote is literate?

When you consider we had over 11,000 deaths caused by guns, not counting suicides and
accidents last year...and Japan had 39, you do the math. We live in a fear based,
consumer driven society in the U.S.

Fear and consumerism go hand in hand.

Get out once in a while to a movie. Go see the Oscar nominated documentary, "Bowling
for Columbine" and get back to me. Read, "Culture of Fear," then see what you have
to say.

We are a very violent society in the U.S.

Don't get me wrong, I thank the Universe every day that I'm part of this country. I
detest what the government has done. Another book, "Jennifer Government" comes to
mind.

Drivel is in the mind of the beholder. I didn't write it originally, but I can
clearly see how we are viewed by other nations and it's not a pretty picture.

What we do here is free countries from their own tyranny, in the name of democracy.
Interesting, that.