Old 30-09-2006, 09:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
Rob & Shel Rob & Shel is offline

Default vegetating eroded bank

Many thanks Farm1,

A bed frame sounds really good..... I'll incorporate one into a "jetty
jumping" jetty. Also, I'm planning to make a floating anchored duck island
& house in the middle of the dam.

Rob

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Rob & Shel" wrote in message

However the gully water was really flowing quite fast into the dam

dragging
loose leaf litter & small sticks etc. I figure this gully needs

small
filtering walls of rocks.

That'd work or old tyres. Old tryes will slow the flow and can be
planted out as they silt up with useful plants. I woulnd't really
recommend bulrushes on the top side of the dam as these sodding
things take over.