Old 30-09-2006, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Can anyone identify this plant ???

Treeza writes
Hi all, I'm new here so I hope I've selected an appropriate group.
I have a wierd plant which has taken up residence in my garden. It
grew from seed, probably dropped by the birds, and I've not been able
to identify it so far...

It's about 18 inches high so far (grown from seed this year), and has a
prickly fruit and white flower with a very broad leaf.

You can see pictures of the plant here ...

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/m.t....com/album?.di
r=/a7b0re2&.src=ph&.tok=phzrOlFB38HXVEVt

Well, it's proving impossibly long to download for me. Try Googling on
images of Thornapple. That's by far the most common 'wierd plant' that
we get asked about ;-)

--
Kay