Old 30-09-2006, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
ned ned is offline

Default Passiflora advice please.

Last year's pot grown Chrissy present was carefully tended and kept
frost free in a cold conservatory until Spring. Now planted out, it
has produced 9 feet of straggling growth, flowers but no fruit..
Problem. How to keep it frost free this winter?
Should it be pruned back to three feet or so?
Or does one carefully coil all the straggling shoots so they can be
protected with bubblewrap?
Normally I would hack it back and take a chance but, as it was a
grandchild's pressy, I'd like to get this right first time!

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk