Old 01-10-2006, 01:50 PM posted to alt.architecture,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.survival,alt.home.repair,misc.invest.real-estate
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Sealant Activated By Water Wanted

Tater wrote:
Harry wrote:
Hello,
Can someone tell me where to find a water sealant that is
activated by rushing water?

post snipped.

This post is really confusing, but i think i understand. you have a
leak in your basement and would like to plug the leak, but you also
want to keep the leak so you can water your pets with a sump pump
arangement.

First, I'd compeletly plug the leak, hydraulic cement should do, and
can be found in most hardware stores.

second, drill a hole in your basement wall andstick a pipe in the hole,
sealed with hydraulic cement, to allow you to have a spigot.

also, the leak you describe might be called a seep.

O.P. should have water tested before feeding pets.
TB