Old 01-10-2006, 05:03 PM posted to alt.architecture,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.survival,alt.home.repair,misc.invest.real-estate
Harry[_1_] Harry[_1_] is offline

Default Sealant Activated By Water Wanted

Don wrote:
"Tater" wrote
Harry wrote:
Hello,
Can someone tell me where to find a water sealant that is
activated by rushing water?

post snipped.

This post is really confusing, but i think i understand. you have a
leak in your basement and would like to plug the leak, but you also
want to keep the leak so you can water your pets with a sump pump
arangement.

First, I'd compeletly plug the leak, hydraulic cement should do, and
can be found in most hardware stores.

second, drill a hole in your basement wall andstick a pipe in the hole,
sealed with hydraulic cement, to allow you to have a spigot.

also, the leak you describe might be called a seep.

Isn't the leak symptomatic of another problem?
In other words, if he plugs the leak, it will just reappear elsewhere?
Off the top of my skall it seems that altering the source of where the water
intrusion intersects the basement wall, ie., drains (perforated pipes) will
cause the water to go elsewhere than the wall?
Thats what they did on my house and it seems to keep the inside dry....so
far.

Hello,

There seems to be "soil" coming in with the "rushing" water,
so i doubt the perforations would last very long before they
became filled up with my lawn, but then perhaps i could just
plant shade-loving flowers or mushrooms in the “pipes”and
wa la a subterranean garden; then i could use the water to
water, not only the cat and dog, but the garden too. Maybe
instead of “above-ground well” for an automatic, sump pump
i should be thinking sprinkler system . . . The reason i donot
want to hack open the basement floor for a sump pump is
because the problem is a lot more than what iam telling you
right now, so the quick-fix will free-up my time to start the
necessary work that will work and solve the problem. Also
The coal is in the way of everything right now, so it willnot
be until Spring (after the coal is all burned up) that i can do
anything of a real nature. We just moved into the house about
a month ago, so weare still in the thought process of which
way to turn . . . like sell . . . for example . . . or fresh-water,
indoor, swimming pool; and sell tickets?