Old 01-10-2006, 09:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Onion Weed big time - Help

If the OP slices all those tomatoes, I'd love to see a photo!!

Sorry......shouldn't make fun of someone's problem but couldn't help
myself!!

Truly, I think Glysophate (Roundup) in a wick wand would be the way I'd
go. Time consuming I know but from what I've heard, Onion Weed is a
giant PITA!!

Farm1 wrote:
"Jen" wrote in message

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

"Greg William" wrote in message

Every where I have put this "soil", heaps of onion weed has come

up

and is

thriving!

I have notified the supplier of the problem,to see what they have

say,but what is the best way to get rid if it?

I have used roundup ,and ended up killing some other plants as

well

as the

onion weed

I know this is going to sound silly, but one of the books I have

says

that a slice of tomato placed directly on top of the onion weed

kills

it.

Imagine all the tomato he'd use if he's got as much as he says.

:-)) One big tomato salad for a garden :-))