Old 22-03-2003, 02:44 AM
Allegra

Default What to watch for (diseases)

"Sue Kreutzer" wrote in message
I'm new to rose tending, yet the home I now own must have at least 15
separate ones, both climbing and bushes. I was here last year in the Fall
and noted they didn't seem as healthy as I thought they should be. In

fact,
some of the leaves looked down right 'sick'. Are there signs I can watch
early in the season, late Spring and summer for that would indicate
problems? I'm in northern Colorado, on the eastern plains. Thanks.

Hello Sue,

Try this link and see if you can find what you are looking for.
Conditions of course change according to climates and micro
climates, but the nuisances are all just about the same everywhere.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distrib...re/DG1163.html

Do you happen to know any of the names of your roses?

Some times owners leave the tags on, either on the rose itself
or planted nearby, most of the time it disappears under the
mulch or into the ground, so perhaps you can take a look for
it. That may help find how to deal with the pruning and the
feeding and so forth. Or you must wait until they bloom and
then between all of us I am sure if you post some photos
we can try to help you identify them. For right now a couple
of good books you may search for at your library may be
a good guidance as well.

Welcome to the group,

Allegra