Old 01-10-2006, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default What would you do. (OT)

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 1/10/06 13:17, in article , "K"
wrote:

michael adams writes

"K" wrote in message
"David (in Normandy)" writes
Since the Lottery started I have had the same 6 numbers. 5 have come
up
tonight.

Would you now change numbers or stick with them?

Doesn't make much difference. This is what John Haigh of Sussex
University says about your chances of winning:

It's not your chances of winning that matters. Its the admittedly
highly unlikely possibility of your numbers coming up very soon after
you give up entering. Or after you changed your numbers. And how you
would feel if that ever happened, even in the case of relatively minor
prize.

The same question used to arise with the football pools. As apparently
many people only carried on entering regularly week after week, for fear
that their chosen numbers would come up the very first week they
stopped.

The moral being, to choose a different set of numbers every week.

I think the moral is - don't start.

My step daughter describes Lotto as 'a tax for the stupid'.....

--
Sacha
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Well you would say that wouldn't you? I started the thread :-))

Mike

:-))