Old 01-10-2006, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Mike is offline

Default What would you do. (OT)

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mike" writes:
| "Sacha" wrote in message
|
| My step daughter describes Lotto as 'a tax for the stupid'.....
|
| Well you would say that wouldn't you? I started the thread :-))

Well, so would I - and it has nothing to do with you personally. As
many of us predicted, the promise that it would be only for things
that were not appropriate for funding out of taxation was kept only
for a couple of years. And the fact that much (most?) of the money
isn't spent for extended periods is definitely a hidden form of
taxation.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Fair comment and I agree with you, BUT, a tax if you like which we have the
choice to subscribe to. Do you smoke? I wonder if Sachas Step Daughter
smokes. There is a tax for you if you like, well the smokers like :-))

Mike