Old 01-10-2006, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Pond insect identification?

"Crag" wrote in message

Afternoon,

Cleared some muck out of the pond this week and left it on the side to let
any creatures get back in. I saw several of what I think are insects
crawling back in but I have no idea what they are.

They were approx 1" long, had 6 legs (that I could see), had a newt-like
tail and were greyish/silver in colour with an upside down Trapezoid

shaped
head.

Grateful if anyone could make sense if this description and advise what
these are (didn't have chance to take any photos).

Thanks

--

Sound like Dragonfly larvae

--