Old 01-10-2006, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Emptying large paddling pools

"Colette A. O'Brien" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have been searching the web for an answer to this question but can't
find a definitive one anywhere.

We have one of those large inflatable paddling pools. It holds about 2000
gallons of water. It had been treated with chlorine and PH reducer during
the summer, but hasn't been treated now for a few weeks.

We want to empty it and pack it away for the winter, but we are not sure
what to do with the water. Do any of you have these pools and what do you
do with the water? Is it safe to gradually empty it onto the grass, or
over parts of the garden?

Chlorine or not, 2000 gallons in one go might be a bit much for your garden.
Can you not get the hosepipe and siphon it down the drain?

Steve