Old 01-10-2006, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Is it possible to grow Carrots in containers at this time of year?

"tina" wrote

I have some large plastic packing crates. I also have an empty
greenhouse & a small electric heater.

Is it possible to grow Carrots in containers at this time of year
either inside or outside the greenhouse (heater or unheated)?

P.s If its is ok, will it be ok to fill the crates with sieved
compost, with some peat mixed in?

The "Garden Show" people grow their carrots in similar containers in similar
soil so that's OK.
Not sure if they will grow in a slightly heated greenhouse this time of year
but no harm in trying, and if you do, come back and let us know what
happened. They won't grow outside until the spring.

--
Regards
Bob H