Old 02-10-2006, 04:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
chris_290 chris_290 is offline

Default Help with ID of large green leaf tree ?

Thanks everyone for the help ! I now know what type of tree we are
hoping to get (or to move from the corner of the backyard) - though I
will have to be careful it won't be in too sunny a spot.

I couldn't get closer pictures of the tree I posted the initial photo
of, but I did get some closer up shots of the one in my yard. They are
slightly different - but probably closely related.

I don't need any feedback on these, just wanted to put these out there
as you've all been helpful, and seem to enjoy this

Chris

(The first two are the tree from the providence zoo, 3, 4 and 5 are
from the one in my backyard (kind of the same)

http://home.earthlink.net/~chriscworc/Desktop.html

wrote:
It's Magnolia tripetala.