Old 01-10-2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default New Newsletter Editor

I publish a recap of the minutes from the general meetings, but not board
meetings. Any member is welcome to come to a board meeting, but putting
those issues out for the great unwashed (just kidding!) isn't a good idea,
IMO.

Danny, no problem opening your newsletter.

Diana

"danny" wrote in message
. ..
I publish "notes" from the board meetings in the newsletter, not the actual
minutes. Even putting in the notes isn't required in any way. The notes
usually cover almost everything in the minutes, but not everything
discussed in the board meetings needs to be published in a public forum.
The quality of minutes can also vary greatly depending on the current
secretary. The official minutes from our monthly meetings have to be
published in the newsletter, but apparently there is no such rule for our
board meetings. Not sure how other societies handle it.

Every society has issues.

-danny

"Beverly" wrote in message
There are apparently some issues in the society I wasn't aware of when I
took over the position making board minutes unavailable at this time.
However one of the reasons I decided to get involved was to try to help
rectify some things that don't seem to be working very well.