Old 02-10-2006, 05:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.invest.real-estate
Warm Worm Warm Worm is offline

Default Sealant Activated By Water Wanted

"Kris Krieger" (from alt.arcitecture)
"Pat"
[snip]
[cross-posting removed]

[cross-posting partially re-established]

I'm not sure that I follow the description of your problem 100%, but I
think I know the answer. Go to any home center or good hardware store
and get "hydraulic cement". Just ask for it, they'll point you in the
right direction. It is a very quick drying cement that will dry in
wet conditions, even under water. Just mix with water, plug the hole,
and hold in place. Might not look good of 1st effort but add some
more later to smooth it out when you're done.

Good luck.

Is that what I should use to build a small fountain?

My current idea is to stabilize some vertical large rocks (?schist? -
look like craggy micacious stones arranged in parallel layers or
"fibers" (sorry, I don't know the right term) - one type has a nearly
black base color and looks much like steel when the light hits it
sideways, also saw an aqua-green color, thinking of the "black" with
smoothly-rounded white "beach stone" to put into the center of the
"white garden" (white bloomers, white/silver foliage) part of the
garden-to-be.

Anyway, I'd like to have maximum exposure of the stone and just use
cement/concrete to stabilize the "stack" ((more like "organ pipe" sort
of arrangement") and have water running down the whole construct.

So is hydraulic cement good for that?

Thanks!