Old 02-10-2006, 11:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Compostman Compostman is offline

Default Onion rotting question

I planted onions for the first time this Spring. They grew very fast and I
harvested them when the leaves began to turn brown and the onions were
baseball, or larger, size. I let them dry some in the attic for a few days
then put them in a dry basement. Even while in the attic, some of them
began to rot in the center. Any idea why?
Note: Although this is my first onion crop, I've been very successful with
garlic and shallots.

--
John Henry Wheeler