Old 02-10-2006, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

Broadback wrote:
JennyC wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
Can I compost all the small potatoes that I have this year, without them
sprouting up like weeds where I apply the compost? My wife refuses to peel
the marble sized ones, let alone the pea sizes! :-) Potatoes growing where
they were planted the previous year is pain enough without exacerbating
the problem.

Fry or boil them in their skins !!
Jenny

Thanks all for your culinary tips, you live and learn, I thought (silly
me) that only "new" potatoes could be treated that way.

Silly you indeed :-) Some of us pay extortionate money to purchase
750g bags of tiny spuds, which are lovely put into the oven with the
sunday roast (in a separate dish), tossed in olive oil, coarse salt and
pepper, and with sprigs of rosemary - I think someone has already
suggested it.
Well scrubbed, the skins are quite edible. For what it's worth, I
always eat the skin of my boiled spuds, even big main season ones.

Cat(h)