Old 02-10-2006, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Passiflora advice please.

In article , "ned" writes:

| Yes, that's the one Janet.
| Well, the label reads 'caerulea' but, hell, I had always thought it
| was cerulea (after cerulean blue) - which I do understand is derived
| from the Latin 'caeruleus'.
| :-))

Many people spell that "caerulean" :-) Either is correct in English.
However, botanic names are in Latin, and so it must be "caerulea".

Don't worry too much about it, but avoid it getting frozen solid,
staying wet or drying out completely. In most parts of the country,
it will do better if planted out, but is quite likely to be cut
back to the ground in the winter. It can be killed by severe
frost.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.